High-performance engine oil, specially developed as a rationalization product for BMW, Mercedes-Benz and VW with exhaust aftertreatment, turbocharging and extended maintenance intervals .
DBV 5W-30 Super-Universal Longlife III was specially developed for modern passenger car gasoline and diesel engines with exhaust gas aftertreatment (diesel particulate filter = DPF), turbocharging and extended maintenance intervals. It is based on a special composition of HC synthetic oils and fully synthetic PAOs (poly-alpha olefins), in combination with the most modern, low-ash additive technology.
In BMW vehicles it is backwards compatible with the earlier specifications BMW Longlife-01/98. Within the VW Group, it can be used as a type rationalization product in almost all gasoline and diesel models, with and without long-life service.
Own approvals for:
Approved under a different name according to:
- Mercedes-Benz 229.51 / 229.31
Qualitatively equivalent according to EU law according to:
- ACEA C3
- API SN
- Porsche C30
Recommended if the following specifications are required:
- first-class rationalization type with multifunctional use in diesel and gasoline engines from various manufacturers
- low sulfate ash, low phosphorus and sulfur content protect diesel particulate filters and catalytic converters
- enables longest change intervals of up to 50,000 km (depending on model / note maintenance calculator)
- fuel savings through smooth running characteristics
highest oxidation stability thanks to a special base oil composition of HC synthetic and fully synthetic PAO base oils
- safe year-round operation thanks to excellent viscosity-temperature behavior and high shear stability
- even with hot oil and extreme loads, stable lubricating film and best wear protection
- reliable protection against corrosion and black sludge
- low oil consumption due to very low evaporation loss
- mixable and compatible with conventional and synthetic engine oils. However, in order to utilize the full product advantages of DBV 5W-30 Super-Universal Longlife III, a complete oil change is recommended.
Product information Safety data sheet